Friday, January 30, 2015

Rest

Every morning on my way to work, I've made a habit of praying out loud. I understand I may look like a crazy person; sitting at stoplights & seemingly talking to no one...but I'm okay with that. This time gives me the opportunity to pour out my heart to my Creator & is the best way to start off my day. Although I will admit there are times I am breifly interrupted by a bout of acute road rage...I then check myself & proceed. These morning chats with the Lord have brought amazing insight & perspective. Especially when I don't feel like praying & would rather just blast 95.7 & let my mind wander. Those are the mornings I need this quiet time the most. My commute is one of the only times I really have to just rest & be...my days tend to run from one to the next with little downtime. I keep myself extremely busy; literally going nonstop. I find some free time & quickly fill it with activity before I even realize it. This becomes extremely draining. The times in the morning, although brief, have been therapeutic & necessary for my soul. I never really understood the grand importance of rest. But now, more then ever, I crave it & feel satisfied in it. The Lord desires rest for my soul & I welcome every moment, however brief it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment